Saturday, September 24, 2016

Prayer for the Music Man


At times we focus on ourselves too much.  Stuck here in prison, these walls dominate our thoughts and actions.  We need to remember that the world "out there" keeps spinning without us, all the while hoping that we are not forgotten by friends and family.  In the end we can only take what people are willing to give and be thankful.   

I think it’s important to be aware of the struggles others are facing.  So today I’m dropping my usual rants, writing nothing about me, prison, or the criminal justice system.  This one goes out to my friend whom I call “The Music Man.”  He and his family are facing something much more important and challenging than anything I have to deal with here.  Their young child is having surgery, fighting for his life.  By all accounts, they are meeting this adversity with courage, openness, and faith.  As a father I can only imagine how frightened they much be.   

I hope you read this Music Man and know that my heart goes with you in this difficult time.  We will say a prayer here at the chapel for you and your family.  Your strength is an inspiration to everyone.  In here it helps me get off the bunk and get going.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Yes when it comes down to it there is nothing more important than our children. All we can do is pray for the best outcome. Music man we will pray for you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete