Saturday, October 22, 2016

Dear Readers


As always, I appreciate your taking the time to read my anecdotes about life in prison.  I’d imagine that some of you may have originally done so to avoid my mother’s pestering you (in a very loving way, of course, Mom!), but hope that you found something to bring you back.  If you don’t know my mother, and have happened upon this blog on your own, I will simply say thank you.  Please feel free to pass on the link to others who may appreciate what I have to say.

Everything here is non-fiction, with slight embellishments for the sake of humor, but hopefully those moments are obvious and do not detract from the rest.  Basically, in all of these posts, I’m trying to convey that those of us inside these walls are not much different from folks on the outside.  Most of us are good people who made a mistake and simply hope for a chance to fit our lives back together.  We want to put our past behind us and not have to live with it hanging over our heads every day for the rest of our lives.

You may know that I don’t have Internet access in here.  I send my essays to Blogmaster T on the outside and he posts them.  He mails me your comments (so far, TJV carries the response section of the blog).  So if you have something you’d like to say, I’ll eventually get your comment and write back.  If you have questions about life in prison, I’ll gladly attempt a lucid answer.  To all my readers, thanks for your attention, love and support. 

Sincerely,

The Whitest Man Alive (recently shortened to The White Guy), my prison nickname, meant with affection, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I agree 100% with "most of us are good people". Actually I think most people are good. Some times we make wrong decisions. Probably 99% of the time the wrong decision does not carry any long term consequence. Unfortunately for that 1% that the wrong decision carries a really huge burden. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete