Sunday, January 31, 2021

NEWS FLASH!

 

Breaking news this morning from our resident John Coffey guy.  He shared an anecdote about how his neighbors once approached him to inquire if he might be selling drugs out of his house.  This really ticked him off, so he yelled at them, calling them racists for accusing him of dealing drugs just because he was Black, etc., etc.  They said, wait a minute, we’re talking about all the cars coming in day and night, staying a minute, then driving off.  Oh yeah, he shouted back, the reason for that is (and I quote):  “I’m a popular-ass mother__r, people like me, come from all over to just say, hey!” 

 

Yeah.  Like people make pilgrimages to his house, just to bask in his presence or something.  Anyway, he wraps up this tale of magnificence and badness with the following:  “I really put them racists in their place, I mean how dare they?  Of course, I was moving product, but how dare them to think that?  Hmm?”

 

I asked, have you considered that the reason they thought you were selling drugs might have been BECAUSE YOU WERE SELLING DRUGS?  Wish you could have seen his sincere indignation about this, that anyone would accuse him of such a thing – absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment